Monday, February 03, 2014

Bunting. Shabby-chic Lace n Burlap/Hessian with Vintage Lady

Made myself some Buntings after seeing
those made by Suzi Q, over here
She's amazing and has a larger stash than I have..lol
 
 
Burlap/hessian (Kiwi's call it Hessian)
 
with dainty doilies
 
vintage laces
 
vintage buttons
Mother-of-Pearl ones too.
 
and a paper whimsy.
 
Coffee dyed slub linen for hanging.
 
Still waiting for a good outdoor photo shoot. Too much cloud lately.
 
So bear with me as I couldn't wait to show you. :)
 












Oops. Blogger doesn't like the shape of some of
my photos so has turned them.
Anyway, you get the idea.
 
This is all 3 waiting for their photo shoot. Sometime soon I hope.
 
Having fun stitching
 
Phillipa
 
 


2 comments:

suziqu's thread works said...

Oh Wow Phillipa!
Your bunting is totally awesome!
Love the pretty vintage images you have used along with all the pretty doilies,
lace, flowers and buttons - wooden ones look fantastic on the hessian!

I'm so pleased that you feel inspired by some of my creations - isn't this one reason for blogging!

Wishing you a year of the best shabby chic creations yet! Your collaged pages are full of so many pretty details and stitching!

Suzy

Phillipa said...

Thanks for your kind words Suzy, it is much appreciated.