Sunday, October 09, 2011

"Strata" Journal

What to do with my smaller one-off pieces.
A journal of course.
The cover is made up of layers of raw silk scraps, then thick rug wool, held in place with tulle and hand stitching on the top.
Just as I like my work.
Lovely and textural.
Begs to be touched :)


8 pages of coloured card and some handmade paper.
No, I didnt make the paper as well..lol ..Tho I have tried it in the past. I collect it when I come across if from Paper artists.

Then I glued in a few images from a vintage book.
Its all ready for adding artistry.
I didnt line the cover either.
I love the look of the back of a stitched piece, so I thought I would leave it on display au-natural.








I hope this helps to inspire your own work.
Lots of Yummy texture.

Happy slow-stitching

Phillipa

1 comment:

Frauke said...

Hi Phillipa
I love what you do and would love people to see your incredible work. Would you consider a stall at the Eco Market? I'd love to have a chat with you. Please get in touch: www.ecomarket.co.nz
All the best
Frauke