Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fibre Art Journal. "Aerial"

From a distance this gave me the impression of an aerial view of the countryside.hence the name :)





And this is the back which I have left uncovered to add even more texture to the inside of the journal.


For the pages, I have,
Basic black card
2 sheets of handmade papers
and a double sided print using 2 of my own photos of
some rust cloth and an amazing grid with shadows, taken on one of our walks thru the old railway sidings.



Then one of my stitched pages was added for even more textural interest.





Bound with a red n white twine and closed with a delicious wooden button from the collection. :)









All stitched in layers of calico, silk remnants, hessian,
coconut fibre all held in place by a layer of tulle, scattered with wool and a gold evening fabric. ( Gotta have some bling ;) ).
This sat beside my chair and was randomly stitched with thread ends from other projects. Just a continuous build up of textures.
Finally a small scattering of beads, that awesome button, textural papers and "Aerial" has arrived.
As in the final photo, it sits across the room from my lounge chair
so I can enjoy it while I decide what to do with it.


I hope you enjoyed the eye candy and maybe it will inspire you in some way.


Regards

Stitching more eye-candy
Phillipa




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this