Friday, January 28, 2011

Moved to the Shakey Garden City.Christchurch.NZ

The last couple of months have been hectic to say the least. We have moved Islands.
a new and more exciting job for (my gorgeous one :) ) MGO.
So a hasty pack to beat the Christmas sailings deadlines to get across the ditch.
Found a tenant, rehomed the animals and away we went.
  Finally have settled into our new home in Christchurch and getting into a new routine.
Weve each taken over a bedroom for our hobbies. He's into miniature Rail. Predominantly NZR. Used to do the big stuff but a change of scene and a change of hobby size for him.
Me..Im still stitching.
Stitching and now more blogging.
Ive started another blog  I may have mentioned it before.This will get updates from my life outside stitching.
Back to my stitching news.
A new city and heaps of shops to check out.
My favourite is The Stitch Playroom. Owned by a delightful young lady, Fenella
who has stocked the shop with contemporary fabrics. And since Im going thru a "modern" stage
and she has a super collection of Kaffe Fasset fabrics, needless to say I cant stay away..hehe
Ive joined her Thursday morning stitching group where about a dozen or so ladies meet to stitch and chat. Im thoroughly enjoying it.
She also runs some extra yummy classes
Ive visted quite a few art n craft stores and will comment on others over time.

This is enough of my domestic stuff. :).

Onto the more interesting stitching stuff, which I will start shortly.

Ta Ta for now
Phillipa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Welcome to Christchurch!
haha, stich is my favorite shop to!
Have you been to bolt of cloth? i like thier fabric, bright and bold!